6 Steps to Reduce Corporate Risk After Layoffs
Measures that can help departing employees and also lower the temptation to abscond with company property or data.
By Michael Fitzgerald
April 07, 2009 — CSO —
Measures that can help departing employees and also lower the temptation to abscond with company property or data:
- Offer staff an hour a day to search for jobs while still employed.
- Give them a used computer with Internet access that they can take with them to help in their job search.
- Offer to print business cards for the employee that include their home phone number.
- Pay for access to a job site.
- Pay for Cobra insurance for three or four months.
- Have your corporate recruiters, HR or an outplacement firm assist in looking for work for laid-off employees.
Also see the indepth companion article Security's Role in Handling Layoffs.
Read more about network security in CSOonline's Network Security section.
Other stories by Michael Fitzgerald