In this edition of Security ADD from The Irari Report, Ira Winkler and Araceli Treu Gomes discuss the implications of the Ashley Madison hack from a security practitioner’s perspective. While the attention has been on the sensational nature of the hack, there are a wide variety of issues that are being missed by many people, including technology professionals.
In their very unique and animated style, Ira and Araceli cover the following topics:
- Why is Ashley Madison unique compared to other hacks
- Was there any implied security on Ashley Madison
- What this implies about other sites
- Your value is related to your availability and level of outside interest
- The issue of non-repudiation
- What to do if someone wants to extort you
- Predictions about future releases of information
- The effects of pending class action lawsuits
- Don’t forget to actually consider the enabling factors of the attack over the sensationalism of the attacks
- How to hide your identity on the Internet as best as you can
This video tries to put clarity on what really matters regarding the hack, so that viewers can start to consider how they should improve their security programs.