This year the Blackhat security conference will be moving over to the Mandalay Bay resort for the first time in their history. This conference has become one of the largest security related events of the year. One thing that has always been an issue for students is the cost to attend the conference. It has not been budget friendly but, this year they’re rolling out their Black Hat Student Scholarship Program.
They will have a number of ‘Academic’ passes available which will grant the attendee full access to the briefings, workshops and other events as well.
So, how does one get one of these golden tickets? Well, here is what you need to know:
- Must be at least 18 years old at the time of the event
- Must provide copy of verifiable proof of full-time academic status at an accredited college or university.
- Must provide copy of valid and current college/university ID card
- ***Submit a brief essay (200 words or less) explaining why he/she wants to attend Black Hat
Essays must include responses to the following three questions:
- Why do you want attend Black Hat?
- What course work, training and/or experiences have you had that you feel qualify you for a complimentary pass?
- What benefits do you believe you will get from attending Black Hat?
Make sure that you get your entry in BEFORE June 30th to be eligible.
(Image used under CC from Stuart Richards)