• Could the attack have been substantially more lethal if the shooter had pre-planned and preositioned
additional key attack elements thereby increasing the efficiency of the attack?
• Could the attack be a diversionary tactic to draw attention away from the true reason, data breach of classified information?
• Could the risk of an attack been reduced through a layered defense implementation of X-ray machine/metal detector suites, more security cameras with facial recognition capabilities, and increased access controls (biometrics or improved identification badging)?
Analysis of the issues result in the following risk assessment values:
• Initial Risk Assessment (Baseline) = 18%
• Attack Boost (Worst Case) = 12% increase
• Defense Boost (Best Case) = 14% decrease
• After applying the Ryan-Nichols Equation the NET value requires $2.28Million dollars to mitigate the risk of the attack
• Implementation of multilayered defense with enhanced access control systems and procedures are recommended
Read the rest in the downloadable PowerPoint show file here: http://treadstone71llc.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/washingtonnavalyardshooting-caseanalysis.ppsx