Patch management vendor Lumension has acquired CoreTrace Corp., saying the move will enhance its application control feature set, grow its software and patent/IP portfolio and extend its customer, OEM and reseller bases.
“The threat of advanced persistent attacks is growing at a significant rate,” Pat Clawson, chairman and CEO of Lumension, said in a statement. "Lumension felt a strategic acquisition of CoreTrace would further equip both current and prospective customers in the ever-evolving threat landscape and cement Lumension’s leadership in next generation technologies."
With the acquisition of CoreTrace assets, Lumension will add more than 130 customers, key development staff, and additional OEM and reseller partners.
- Lumension acquires key IP and patent portfolio from CoreTrace.
- Lumension will likely integrate key aspects of CoreTrace’s technology into Lumension® Application Control and continue to offer Lumension Application Control through the Lumension Endpoint Management Security Suite.
- Lumension will continue to provide technical and support services to CoreTrace’s current application control commercial customers.
- Lumension will provide existing CoreTrace customers with a seamless upgrade path to Lumension’s endpoint management platform once key features of the CoreTrace technology are integrated.
- Lumension will likely continue to offer the CoreTrace Bouncer product through existing commercial sales channels.